Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jamaica Blue & Blackball @ Star Vista


Jamaica Blue

There are quite a few cafes at Star Vista that I've been wanting to try and Jamaica Blue's one of them. The cafe gave me the suburban Aussie feel and it seems like the perfect cafe to chill on a Sunday afternoon. We had our lunch somewhere and was itching for small bites and coffee.

Jamaica Blue

The coffee pecan bread loaf was light and quite fluffy, not too dense so it went well with the latte. However, I would have liked the coffee taste to be slightly stronger for the bread loaf.

Jamaica Blue

Jamaica Blue

Jamaica Blue

I started my love for scones when I was in Penang working few years back and my colleagues and I went for this awesome high-tea session at the oldest hotel and the scones were ahhhmazinggg. So since then, I've been wanting to find back the kind of perfect scone I had back at that hotel but sadly, none had quite matched up.
However, the scones here at Jamaica Blue were not too bad, crumbly and not too sweet. Do share if you have tried some scones in some cafes that were great ok!

Jamaica Blue

Jamaica Blue

Jamaica Blue

I liked the ambience and simple decor of the cafe. The good thing is that the place doesn't get too crowded during the weekends so it's quite perfect for long catch-ups.

blackball

blackball

blackball

blackball

blackball

blackball

blackball

 Gave this Taiwanese dessert a try, which was opened endorsed by a Mediacorp artiste. We asked for recommendation and this seemed to be the most popular dessert- Blackball Signature. You can even choose the level of "coldness" of the dessert and we chose the Icy option. I like the chewy texture of the sweet potato balls, taro balls and black pearls! I would say that its a good mash-up of all the chewy stuff and the grass jelly and red bean.
*****
Jamaicablue
1, Vista Exchange Green
#01-32, The Star Vista
Jamaicablue Website

Blackball Singapore
1, Vista Exchange Green
#02-14, The Star Vista
Blackball Website

No comments:

Post a Comment