Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Probably the best resort in the world - Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

I had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of staying at this luxurious resort for almost a week for work and it was simply amazeballs! If you're thinking of heading to Phuket for a nice beach getaway, this is it! 


Every corner at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa is so picturesque and tranquil, my hard disk is bursting with the truckload of photos taken at the resort! It was like a dream come true to work at such an awesome resort and I am very, very impressed with the top-notch customer service by the event coordinator and all the staff at the resort. It was my virgin experience staying at a resort by Marriott and it definitely left a very lasting and fantastic impression in me!




My jaw dropped when I entered the lobby with high ceilings and mahogany walls and a hugeass bright orange sofa in the middle of it all. I could only find a photo on my phone of this awesome lobby so pardon the not-so-HD-quality.



I like the whimsical feel of the lounge - makes you feel like you're in some faraway land (it is actually).



I went swimming on a Monday morning before my hum-drum began and it was so relaxing to swim in the 'infinity' pool overlooking the endless ocean. More pictures of the beach below!






We stayed at the Deluxe room and it really was one of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed at. Clean, white and soft king-sized bed, plush comforters, a cozy sofa area for nice quiet readings, a spacious bathroom with marble tiles and bathtub, and this idyllic view that greeted me every morning.







I really should plan for a beach holiday every year. It's truly therapeutic just lazing on the sun bed with a book and falling asleep to the soothing sounds of splashing waves.



Even though it's the monsoon season, I am very thankful I get to spend snippets of time at the beach, just feeling the breeze, sipping on my coconut juice and reading on my iPad. Life was so simple, yet so fulfilling.








I must be biased to say this, but sunsets at the foreign beaches are the best. The hues of orange and pink bursting across the horizon took my breath away and I'm so grateful for technology that allows me to capture such beautiful moments on the go.


How can I not indulge in the spa after a week of hard work? The white spaces lead to the spa treatment rooms and it was a pity that I did not get to take a photo of the greenery just outside the spa room! I tried the 'Oriental Energizing' massage and the masseuse was very attentive to my needs and wants and she made me feel so refreshed and energized after the treatment. Massage can be quite subjective, but it was superbly good to me!

Another plus point would be the international buffet breakfast. It was an internal struggle every morning - Eggs benedict or muesli with yoghurt or french toast or ... Yeap, there is a wide variety of high quality and tasty food to satisfy almost any craving you may have.

The only drawback about this resort is the lack of shopping and restaurants around the area. We usually take a shuttle "tuk-tuk" to the nearest Turtle Village for Thai western food or we get the hotel to help us arrange for transport to a restaurant called Kin Dee restaurant for awesome Thai food.

Airport transfer can either be arranged by the hotel or through this website and it's a short half hour journey though subjected to traffic conditions.

This marks my first travel post and I hope you like such write-ups! Do leave me a comment below if you are interested to find out more! :)


Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
555 Moo 3 Mai Khao, Talang Phuket Island83110 Thailand
Reservations: Website
FB Page


1 comment:

  1. An impressive share! І've јust forwarded tҺiѕ
    onto a co-workerwho had bеen doinɡ а little homework on thiѕ.
    And he actually ordered mе breakfast because I discovered іt for him...
    lol. So allow mе tο reword this.... Thaոk YOU fοr the meal!!

    Βut yeah, thanкs fօr spending tҺe time to talk abbout this subject Һere on үoսr site.



    Ϻy web site ... iproperty

    ReplyDelete