Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Wholemeal buttermilk pancakes with Strawberry


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Few weeks ago, I would have snorted at the thought of replacing my all-purpose flour with wholemeal flour for my buttermilk pancakes. That would have sounded so... meh. But ever since I've been on this whole-grain, eating clean kinda diet nowadays, I went online to search for recipes for wholemeal pancakes and ta-dah! Here's my version with buttermilk:

Ingredients (good for 2-3 pax):
3/4 cup wholemeal flour (or 1/4 cup normal plain flour and 2/4 wholemeal flour)
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (you will love it!)
4-5 Korean strawberries (SO FRIGGIN AWESOME)
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the center and using an egg whisk, whisk the egg and milk together.
3. Give it a good whisk (I feel that it makes the pancakes fluffier)
4. Grease the pan slightly. I usually use a soup ladle as a gauge for 1 pancake. Feel free to modify to your own liking!
5. Eat with your favourite fruit, maple syrup or even nutella. I served mine with bacon even.


I feel so healthy after eating them and I don't deny there's still a bit of 'yeast' taste from the wholemeal flour. If you are really particular about such taste, you can always add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to rid the smell, and it won't really affect the taste of the pancakes too. Try and let me know if you like it! =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a
    blog that's both equally educative and entertaining, and without a
    doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    I'm very happy that I found this in my hunt for something regarding this.


    Feel free to surf to my web site :: Koby

    ReplyDelete