Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

(LICK) Little Ice Cream Kafe - Crispy and Fluffy Waffles!

Tanjong Katong Singapore Cafe

Tanjong Katong Singapore Cafe


Tanjong Katong Road is home to a lot of small eateries, one of them include Little Ice Cream Kafe, also known as LICK for short. If not for the dental visits in this area, I really wouldn't have ventured this far out for food glorious food in this area. I must admit that it's a good mix of food choices here - Punggol Nasi Lemak, Wanton mee, a few ice cream parlours, Peranakan Food Village, and even a fruit stall selling king of fruits and the likes. 

I was attracted to LICK because of the photo pasted on the glass door - DJ Chong Qing with a pleasant looking lady whom I assume is the ladyboss? Well, I am ashamed to link this photo to good ice cream but in I go!




Tanjong Katong Singapore Cafe


Tanjong Katong Singapore

Tanjong Katong Singapore

Tanjong Katong Singapore

Tanjong Katong Cafe

The cosy with a touch of whimsical feel interior sets me in a very relaxed mood to tuck into the waffles! Although it's more of the strong buttery smell that hung strong in the cafe that motivated us to order the waffles.

Waffles in East of Singapore


waffles in East of Singapore


I love pancakes and waffles and I can totally have just that to replace my regular meals, as unhealthy as that sounds. The waffle is crispy on the outside and fluffy and soft on the inside, with a good height. However, I find that it's a tad too sweet. Imagine a sweet waffle, coupled with sweet ice cream drizzled in sweet maple syrup. Yes, that's cut-leg kind of sweet. Props to the owner for the local flavours though! I tried the Kaya and Nutella flavour and I really love the kaya flavour, which nailed the fragrant pandan smell down to a T. The Nutella was good as well, which goes without saying because what can go wrong with NUTELLA??

Another plus point for the waffles is the price tag. At just $4.80, I think it gave Gelare a run for money! Not forgetting that LICK too, has half price off their waffles on Tuesdays.

The cafe serves free-flow of iced water as well and I like that the tables and chairs are very clean and it seemed like a popular hangout for families and teenagers. It feels like the 'Island Creamery' in the East.


Little Ice Cream Kafe
258 Tanjong Katong Road

Operating Hours:

Sun - Thu: 13:00 - 23:00
Fri - Sat: 11:00 - 00:00
Eve of PH & PH: 11:00 - 00:00

No comments:

Post a Comment